Zhujiajiao ancient town was prospered through rice and clothing businesses. Many old historical buildings including rice shops, banks, spice stores and a Qing dynasty post office can be found today. Zhujiajiao also has many sites of historic interest, e.g. the Fangsheng Bridge, Kezhi Garden and the Yuanjin Buddhist Temple.
Kezhi Yuan at the northern edge of the old region on Xijing Street is an enclosure dating to 1912. The expression "kezhi" intends to figure out how to plant, a lesson on plants or a class of plants, so it was a spot to see and find out about them. The region comprises of a primary lobby, an arrangement, and a fake slope. The historic point of the enclosures is a five story building with a structure on its top - the tallest structure in old Zhujiajiao.
Fangsheng Bridge is one of the primary attractions among the antiquated 36 stone scaffolds, some one and only yard wide. It was implicit 1812 and is said to be the biggest stone curve connect in Shanghai, resting on five curves, around 70 meters in length, and 5.8 meters tall. One approach to see the extensions is to pass by watercraft; these little water crafts situate 5 grown-ups or 6 youngsters. The charge is around CNY 80 /person.
Qing Dynasty Post Office
On Xihu Street there is a mail station inherent the Qing dynasty，said to be the best safeguarded of its period in China. There are numerous displays, among them old letters composed on bamboo and obsolescent post cards of old Shangha
North Street - Ancient Street
In the town, there is an antiquated road loaded with agent old structures from the Ming and Qing Dynasties, pulling in extraordinary quantities of residential and outside guests. That is North Street, which is the best saved antiquated road in this suburb. One and only kilometer long, the entire road is without a moment's delay primitively basic, yet exceptionally exquisite. Walking around this antiquated lane and admiring the notable structures, since quite a while ago settled stores, and old scaffolds and the numerous thin paths is an alternate delight.
Line 1: New tour of the water town
Contains 9 attractions Price: ￥: 80.00 yuan / person Y-Art Gallery + Tong Tian He Chinese Pharmacy + Great Qing Post office + City God Temple + Shanghai Handicraft Exhibition Hall + Yuanjin Buddhist Temple + Hanlin Stele Museum + Shanghai Quanhua Art
Line 2: New tour of the water town
Contains 8 attractions Price: ￥: 60.00 yuan / person Y-Art Gallery + Tong Tian He Chinese Pharmacy + Great Qing Post office + City God Temple + Shanghai Handicraft Exhibition Hall + Yuanjin Buddhist Temple + Shanghai Quanhua Art Gallery + Kezhi Garde
Line 3: Folk Custom Tourism
Contains 4 attractions Price: ￥: 30.00 yuan / person Tong Tian He Chinese Pharmacy + Great Qing Post office + Yuanjin Buddhist Temple + Kezhi Garden
• Take Huzhu Special Line at North Laochengdu Road Dagu Road and get off at Zhujiajiao Coach Terminal. Then the scenic area is around 875yrd (800m) away. Buses for this route operate from 05:50 to 21:00 and they return from 05:50 to 17:15. The interval is about ten minutes.
• Take Huzhu Express Line at Pu’an Road East Yan’an Road and get off at Zhujiajiao Coach Terminal. Buses for this route operate from 05:10 to 21:00 and they return from 06:00 to 22:00. The interval is about half an hour and a single trip takes around an hour.
• Take Shangzhu Line at Shanghai South Railway Station (the south square) and get off at Zhujiajiao Coach Terminal. Buses for this route operate from 06:00 to 21:00 and they return from 06:00 to 18:30.
• Take Hushang Special Line at Danshui Road West Jinling Road (close to South Huangpi Road subway station of line 1) and get off at Zhujiajiao station. Then you can walk to the water town within 5 minutes. Buses for the round trip operate from 07:00 to 16:00.
• Take Zhuxu Bus Line at East Xujing Subway Station and get off at Zhujiajiao Coach Terminal. Buses for this route operate from 04:15 to 21:00 and they return from 05:35 to 00:00. The interval is about half an hour and a single trip takes around 1.5h.
Related Tour: Shanghai Zhujiajiao Water Town 1 Day Tour