Small Wild Goose Pagoda, also known as Little Wild Goose Pagoda (Chinese: 小雁塔), is one of two critical pagodas in the city of Xi'an, China, the site of the old Han and Tang capital Chang'an. The other remarkable pagoda is the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, initially inherent 652 and restored in 704. The Small Wild Goose Pagoda was constructed between 707–709, amid the Tang Dynasty under Emperor Zhongzong of Tang (r 705–710). The pagoda stood 45 m (147 ft) until the 1556 Shaanxi seismic tremor. The quake shook the pagoda and harmed it so that it now remains at a tallness of 43 m (141 ft) with fifteen levels of levels. The pagoda has a block edge constructed around an empty inside, and its square base and shape mirror the building style of different pagodas from the era.
Amid the Tang Dynasty, the Small Wild Goose Pagoda remained over a road from its mom sanctuary, the Dajianfu Temple. Travelers conveyed sacrosanct Buddhist compositions to the sanctuary and pagoda from India, as the sanctuary was one of the primary focuses in Chang'an for interpreting Buddhist writings. The sanctuary was more seasoned than the pagoda, since it was established in 684, precisely 100 days after the passing of Emperor Gaozong of Tang (r. 649–683). Ruler Zhongzong had given his habitation to the building of another sanctuary here, keeping up the sanctuary for 200 ministers out of appreciation for his expired father Gaozong. The sanctuary was initially called the Daxianfusi or Great Monastery of Offered Blessings by Zhongzong, until it was renamed Dajianfusi by Empress Wu Zetian in 690.
• Take bus line 18, 21, 29, 32, 40, 46, 203, 204, 218, 224, 258, 407, 410, 508, 521, 618, 700, 707, 713, Tourist Line 7 or Tourist Line 8 (610), get off at the Small Wild Goose Pagoda Station and get to the Jianfu Temple through the North Gate.
• Take bus line 18, 203, 204, 218, 258, 407, 410, 913, or Tourist Line 7, get off at the Xiajiazhuang Station and get to the temple through the West Gate near the Xian Museum.
• Take subway line 2, get off at the Nanshaomen Station, leave from Exit A1 or A2, walk west and get to the temple through the North Gate.
• The temple: Free of charge on ordinary days.
• CNY 20 to 25 during the temple fair from 1st to 15th of the first lunar month.
• Ascending the Small Wild Goose Pagoda: CNY 30.
• During the temple fair, the temple allows entry until 21:00 and is emptied at 22:00, while the pagoda closes at 17:00 as usual.