Mutianyu Great Wall is some 110km northwest to Beijing and it is a dramatic testimony to Ming engineering skills with one section as steep as 85 degrees. Just partially restored Mutianyu Great Wall allows athnic visitors who climb past the first watchtowers to see the Great Wall and its wild, crumbling state.
Mutianyu Great Wall winds 1.4 miles through grandiose mountains and high edges, numerous areas of which are made of rock. The exceptional structure makes the divider very nearly indestructible. It quantifies 23 to 26 feet high and four to five yards wide. Both of the divider's inward and external sides have parapets to shield against foes originating from the two sides. A few parapets are saw- tooth formed rather than the normal rectangular structure. Beneath the parapets, there are square embrasures the highest point of which are composed in a circular segment structure, unique in relation to the customary round embrasures.
Other than its deliberately imperative area and conservative design, the Mutianyu Great Wall is additionally celebrated for the amazingly lovely landscape. Woods cover more than ninety-six percent of the aggregate grand range. The divider presents distinctive parts of excellence in the four seasons. Blooms sprout everywhere throughout the mountains in spring. Grasses dress the slope green in summer. Trees are weighed down with sweet organic products in pre-winter, and particularly in October, leaves are turning red or yellow, touching the peaks with gold. In winter, the divider is secured by snow, making it appear to be more brilliant. The pine trees around the divider are remarkable. There are more than 20 pines more than 300 years of age and around 200 pines more than 100 year old. In addition, spring water at the foot of the divider tastes immaculate and fragrant, quite refreshing by tourist.
|Admission Fee||Adults (including children above 1.5M): CNY45;
Children (1.2-1.5M): CNY25;
Free for children below 1.2M
|Cable Car||Adults (including children above 1.3M): CNY80 for a single trip, CNY100 for a round trip;
Children (1.2M-1.3M): CNY40 for a single trip, CNY50 for a round trip;
Free for children below 1.2M
|Slideway Fee||Adults: CNY80 for a single trip, CNY100 for a round trip (Cable car up, slideway down);
Children: CNY60 for a round trip (Cable car up, slideway down)
One needs to get to Dongzhimen first. Take Bus. 106, 107, 123, 132, 206, 24 and so on or metro line 2, line 13 or Airport Express Train can take you to Dongzhimen.
• The speediest path is to take Bus 916快 (express) or 916, which run from Dongzhimen to Huairou Bus Station in the first place, get off at the end (or Qingchun Road North End or Huairou North Street), and afterward contract a minivan. The Bus 916 (express) is suggested for its term time is just 60 to 70 minutes. The minivan ride costs about CNY 40-50 and 20 minutes; one can likewise impart the minivan to others to spare cash. On the other hand guests can stroll to the opposite side of the street and take Bus H23, H24 or 936 (Huairou to Dongtai) and get off at Mutianyuhuandao. Go ahead around 3 minutes and after that the ticket office lies ahead.
• No.867 Tourist Special Line from Dongzhimen Outer (Dongzhimenwai) to Mutianyu has been drop. Guests need to take no. 867 Bus that leaves at 10:00 and 12:00 and get off at Mutianyuhuandao. At that point they have to stroll around 3 minutes to discover the ticket office ahead. To come back to Dongzhimen Bus Hub, guests can take no. 867 from here to Hongluo Temple first. It leaves at 14:00 and 15:00. At that point they get no.867 Bus from Hongluo Temple to Dongzhimen Bus Hu• The Bus withdraws at regular intervals from 15:00 to 17:00. The charge for a solitary excursion is CNY 16 with money and CNY6.4 by utilizing Beijing Busation Smart Card.
Note: Bus 916(express) and 867 Bus leave from Dongzhimen Bus Hub in Dongzhimen Outer Street, which is around 10 minutes' stroll from Dongzhimen Subway Station (Exit B). Bus 916 can be found at the Bus stop near to Exit B of the metro station.
From Beijing Capital International Airport:
• Take Airport Express Train to Dongzhimen Station, get off and afterward take a Bus as indicated by the routes said above.
• Take Airport Shuttle Bus Line 2 and get off at Dongzhimen Station, then take a Bus as demonstrated previously.
From Beijing Railway Station:
• Take Subway Line 2 at Xizhimen Station to Dongzhimen, and afterward take a Bus as indicated by the routes demonstrated previously.
• Take Bus No. 24 from Beijing Railway Station to Dongzhimen, get off and afterward go there by Bus as specified previously.
From Forbidden City:
• From South Gate of Forbidden City (Meridian Gate):
Take Subway Line 1 at Tiananmen Square East to Jianguomen Station, get off and change to Subway Line 2 to Dongzhimen, then take a Bus taking after the routes said above.
Take Bus No. 5 at Xihuamen or Tiananmen Square East to Qianmen, change to Subway Line 2 to Dongzhimen to take Bus 867 or 916.
• From North Gate of Forbidden City (Gate of Divine Prowess):
Take Bus no. 101, 109, 609 or 619 from Forbidden City Bus stop to Chaoyangmen inward, get off and afterward stroll to Chaoyangmen metro station to take tram line 2 to Dongzhimen, then arrive at that point by Bus 867 or 91
About the Great Wall
The Great Wall, symbolizing China's ancient civilization, known as one of the 7 great wonders in the world, is the only man-made project on earth that is visible to the naked-eyes of astronauts.The Great Wallextends more than 300 kilometers from end to end, and with its mea-derings and loops the full extent of the project measures nearly 6000 kilometers.
According to rough calculation, the amount of bricks and rock used to buildthe Great Wallwould have been enough to build a wall 5 meters high and 1 meter thick around the world.
The Great Wallwas first built in Warring States Period(476-221B.C.) by various conflicting states along their borders for protecting against each other. In 221 B.C., The first emperor in Chinese history, Qingshihuang united the 7 states as one and issued an order to reinforce and linked togetherthe Great Wallsoriginally built by the other states.
Historical records show that about 1 million people,1/5th of China's population at the time, were involved in the project which took more than 10 years.The Great Wallwas called "Wan Li Chang Cheng" at the time when it finished ,which means "10 Thousand-Li-Long-Wall".
From then onthe Great Wallplayed a significant role in protecting the economic and cultural developments in the central plain area ofChina.The Great Wall s listed by the Chinese Government as one of the historical monuments to be preserved.